Paleo Beverage Recipe
Not everybody likes the taste of plain old water. Here is a simple Paleo friendly beverage recipe that you can make at home. It has excellent flavor and is very refreshing on a warm day.
It also happens to be a great liver tonic. I learned about an awesome Love Your liver Elixir
from the good folks at Juicing for Fat Loss. I took their recipe and modified it a little bit by adding ginger root, known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties.
Love Your Liver, Mod – Formula
I was also fortunate enough to get some fresh stevia leaves. The are like leafy green candy.
You can grow stevia at home in a pot, it’s a great plant to have on hand. I like to go out and munch on a leaf or two for a nice treat.
So here is the recipe:
In a blender add;
- 3 TBS Bragg’s apple cider vinegar
- Good size piece of ginger, resize to taste, I like it big
- Himilayan sea salt about a teaspoon
- Couple packets of stevia powder and/or fresh stevia leaves. This adds sweetness without calories
- Enough purified water to blend it up good.
Blend the mixture up good in the blender, then add to a large quantity of water up to a gallon, in a sun tea pitcher or similar container. Stick it in the refrigerator and serve over ice. Enjoy this great Paleo friendly beverage.