Tonight’s dinner post features our very own invention – Organic,Hot Dog Roll Ups with Chunky Vegetables for a perfect way to end the night; or start it.
We have chosen extremely carefully the ingredients of this dish, to ensure that they follow the Paleo Energy Food Principle.
Organic Hot Dog Roll Up, Gluten Free Video Recipe
For this dish, you’ll need:
- Water, just a tad in the bottom of the pan.
- Seaweed Sheet
- Leafy Greens
- Yellow Tomatoes
- Pickled Beets
- Coconut Oil
Now, don’t freak out just yet if you see that you don’t have some vegetables on our list (few people I know have Zucchinis in their kitchen!)
You can always substitute them with whatever vegetables you can find (get digging!).
- Firstly, you will want to get a medium sized frying pan, and add in some water.
- Next, throw in those sliced dogs (hotdogs) into the pan, and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables and cook for a few minutes to soften them up. Take note not to overcook them! They should not be even browned.
- Drain the water from the pan, and add in a healthy chunk of Coconut Oil into the mix. 1 large teaspoon should be sufficient.
- Add some herbs and spices of your choice (get creative!). I choose turmeric/curry powder, Himalayan sea salt, hot pepper flakes.
- Lightly fry your mixture in the pan for a couple more minutes, and make sure to keep stirring to distribute the spices.
- Scoop the cooked vegetables onto your seaweed wrap, and put on those leafs! In case you are wondering, we choose to get our greens from stpete.locallygrown.net. You can visit them to get greens that are grown the right way.
- Roll up that sushi!
- Pour that beet juice, and sauerkraut, and serve!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to drop a note below! I hope you enjoy this wonderful Paleo Energy Food!