This is a delicious salad you can easily make at home with this recipe video.
- Start by pre-boiling or steaming a sliced sweet potato.
- Then cook a good serving of bacon.
- When the bacon is halfway done, add the sweet potatoes to the bacon grease to fry them.
- Pile the cooked goodness on a bed of leafy greens,
- add some tomatoes
- Add your favorite Paleo-friendly dressing. I used olive oil, apple cider vinegar, turmeric and sea salt.
BLT Bacon, Leafy Greens and Tomato, Paleo-Riffic!
We would love to hear your feedback on this Paleo recipe video. Please use the comment box below to tell us what you think, – about anything really.
We are also curious to know if you are having good success with the Paleo diet, especially if it gives you more energy, like it does us.
We want to hear from all the bacon lovers out there.
Special thanks to StPete.LocallyGrown.net for the leafy greens and yellow tomatoes. We had a pot luck dinner there recently that was just amazing.
This was absolutely a delight to have for dinner that night. I will be cooking up some more bacon recipes soon, maybe Bacon Fired Kale!
Pre-cooking Sweet Potatoes
Sliced them up, then place in a pan with just a little water. Cook with a lid and let them simmer/steam for about 5 min, flip and go for another 5 minutes. Drain the water and add to the bacon, when you start to get some grease in the pan from the bacon cooking.
I like high fat meals.